Glucosamine-chondroitin is the top-selling nutritional supplement on the market today. The reason is simple: It halts the pain and discomfort of arthritis that makes life miserable for more than 40 million arthritis suffering Americans. And medical studies prove it works. In 2006, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) conducted the largest study ever on glucosamine-chondroitin and found that the majority of study subjects with moderate to severe arthritis pain experienced significant pain reduction with this supplement.
In the NIH study, the glucosamine-chondroitin supplement stopped joint pain and inflammation better than the leading COX-2 arthritis drugs or leading NSAID medications, without any of the mild to severe side effects of those drugs. Study participants reported dramatic improvement from the supplement within four weeks–and the longer they took it, the better they felt. However, it had little effect on people with earlier stage arthritis with less pain.
1. Homemade glucosamine for free. What if you could make the most effective arthritis pain-relieving supplement, instead of forking out $40 to $75 for a jar? You absolutely can! All it takes are a few bones from the butcher, some crustacean shells and your favorite soup kettle. That’s all you need to create a high-potency Arthritis Soup Stock full of glucosamine and chondroitin, which have been proven to soothe your chronic arthritis joint pain.
This soup stock was a kitchen mainstay throughout history. Every stove usually had a simmering stockpot into which homemakers tossed bones, shells and vegetable scraps. Later it was used as the base for soups, sauces and gravies. The stockpot has disappeared in the modern era in favor of convenience foods. But now you can still make your own super-soup at home for practically free. Some nutritional experts believe bone broth’s absence from our regular diet partially explains the current spike in arthritis rates. While it certainly isn’t the sole cause, the low levels of joint-protective nutrients in our modern diet, such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate, glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), glycine, proline (which helps create collagen), and sulfur compounds–all of which are necessary for the creation and repair of damaged joint cartilage–is an important factor. The Arthritis Soup Stock returns them to your diet.
2. The secret ingredients in glucosamine supplements. Here’s the shocker: this high-priced, in-demand glucosamine-chondroitin supplement is made from the same raw materials as bone broth, which are virtually free for the taking. Glucosamine, an essential building-block of the cartilage in our own joints, also comes to us from the shells of crustaceans such as crab, lobster and shrimp. Animal cartilage in soup bones is a rich source of chondroitin sulfate. Together, these two compounds help our bodies repair arthritis-damaged joints and keep existing joints well-lubricated by helping cartilage absorb more water.
3. Make arthritis healing soup stock
1. Fill a large soup pot with beef or pork knuckles, feet, back bones and/or joint bones. Add chicken bones and carcasses. These gelatin-rich animal parts contain the highest concentration of chondroitin.
2. Toss in as many crustacean shells as will fit. They are loaded with glucosamine.
3. Dump in eggshells. Vegetable scraps are great, too.
4. Splash in some lemon juice or vinegar to release the calcium and glucosamine-chondroitin from the bones and cartilage.
5. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let it cook on the lowest possible heat for hours, checking the water level and heat every once in a while.
6. If scum floats to the surface, skim it off with a spoon.
7. When the broth is done, strain the liquid through a colander. Chill and then remove the fat.
The liquid will keep in your fridge for up to four days–or freeze it to use later.
Use this arthritis super-soup as stock for a variety of soups by adding veggies, beans and herbs. Cook whole grains in this broth, too. Or you can simply sip a hot cupful to soothe and repair your joints.
An even easier method: Place all ingredients into slow cooker and let it simmer for a couple of days on low heat. You can also oven-roast raw bones with their meat to bring out their flavor, but it’s not essential. Or you can make a seafood-only broth. Slow cook until you arrive at a gelatinous brew.
Keep Getting Better,
Select the medical condition you’d like to reverse (below) -- then sign up to receive free recipes, natural healing news, and new health-boosting products via email:Your privacy is assured. We will never sell, rent, trade or share your email with any other organization
Featured Healing Products